Children’s Emergency Department
In any emergency situation,
please remember to call 911.
Orange Regional Medical Center
707 East Main Street
Middletown, NY 10940
The Children’s Emergency Department at Orange Regional Medical Center provides emergency care to ill and injured children (up to the age of 18), 24 hours a day. Separate and secure from our adult treatment area, the Children’s Emergency Department allows our younger patients (and their families) to be cared for in a safe and comfortable enviornment by physicians and staff specifically-trained in Pediatric medicine.
Our newly constructed 3,000 square foot Children’s Emergency Room offers child-specific private treatment rooms, a triage area, and a dedicated nurses station. Each room is equipped appropriately to treat your child and is uniquely enhanced with beautifully hand-painted murals and custom artwork that support a healing environment and help to ease fears. We also offer flat screen televisions to help divert our patients from their illness or injury.
The Best Comprehensive Emergency Care
Orange Regional’s Emergency Department treats thousands of Pediatric patients annually. The goal of our dedicated Children’s Emergency Department team is to ensure your child is receiving the best comprehensive emergency care – close to home. Your child’s emergency care team members include:
- Board-certified Emergency Medicine physicians
- Experienced Physicians Assistants and Nurse Practitioners trained in Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Specially trained nurses, experienced in pediatric care
- A Child Life Specialist who provides support and resources to Pediatric patients and their families to effectively cope with illness and injury through play, preparation, education, diversion and self-expression activities. This specialist offers emotional support and encouragement throughout your child’s visit and provides information and guidance to all family members
- Board-certified Pediatric specialists
- Board-certified Pediatric Hospitalists who work and communicate with your child’s Pediatrician and a team of physicians to manage the care of your child while in the hospital
- Behavioral health services
- Patient care advocates who ensure comfort and the highest satisfaction during the emergency visit
- Pediatric Hospitalist Services
Pediatric subspecialists are important to the care and treatment of your child in an emergency situation. Orange Regional is proud of our partnership with Pediatric subspecialists who have completed additional training in specialized fields of Pediatric medicine. Our Board-certified specialists offer services in:
- Adolescent Psychiatry
- Gastroenterology & Nutrition
- Infectious Disease
The Children’s Emergency Department also offers:
- Bed-side registration and triage
- Rapid lab results and diagnostic imaging to help get you well, faster
- Radiation reduction program to limit unnecessary exposure
Featuring artwork from various artists, from the waiting areas to the treatment rooms, the Children's Emergency Department is meticulously designed to meet the unique needs of Pediatric patients. The entrance to the Children’s Emergency Department features a mural entitled "The Fabled Forest" by Steven Petruccio, a local children’s book illustrator. The children's treatment rooms feature the artwork of local artists Ron Gee and Gar Wang. The landscape artwork adds to the friendly and comforting environment.
Click image to enjoy the artwork featured in the Children's Emergency Department
The entrance mural is funded, in part, by Orange County Tourism and the County of Orange
Click on an image to enjoy a photo gallery of our Children's Emergency Department