Orange Regional Medical Center
707 East Main Street
Middletown, NY 10940
Located on the fifth floor, Orange Regional's new Dedicated Pediatric Unit takes a family-centered approach to healthcare. Pediatrics is an inviting, comfortable and secure unit that includes a procedure room and specialized pediatric equipment to ensure your child receives the highest level of care.
Staffed with Certified Pediatric Nurses who are warm and friendly, the unit's patient rooms feature age-appropriate themed décor and bathrooms. Patients can enjoy HDTVs and portable gaming consoles in each room.
Our colorful, cheerful playroom gives children a place to relax, enjoy games and activities and be themselves without disrupting others. While our focus for care is always on the patient, we have made available amenities for parents including meals and sleeper chairs. A parent's understanding of the illness facing their child is important to the recovery process and Orange Regional will provide diagnosis and treatment educational materials.
During your child's hospital stay, we encourage you to remain with your child. Visiting hours are unlimited for parents, both parents. During your child's stay, we ask that you please adhere to the following guidelines:
Pediatric subspecialists complete additional training in specialized fields of pediatrics and include:
- Discuss with nursing staff what care of your child you would like to provide.
- Inform the nursing staff when you arrive and how long you will be staying. Please talk to the nursing staff about any items (food, drink, diapers, etc.) you wish to give to your child. This will enable the nursing staff to ensure that the doctors' orders can be followed and that accurate records are maintained on your child's chart.
- Please do not enter any other patient's room. If you would like to walk with your child, please ask the nursing staff for permission.
- Staff may be wearing gown, gloves, and/or face mask while treating your child to prevent the spread of diseases from one patient to another. You may also be asked to wear protective garments.
- A breakfast tray for one parent can be provided by the hospital to make your stay with us more comfortable. There is also a Cafeteria, located on the ground floor, for your dining convenience.
- Please wash your hands after contact with your child and before you leave your child's room.
- A single chairbed or cot is provided for one parent. Please do not move the chairbed from its location in the room. It is situated to allow the staff comfortable access to your child for nursing care. Children are not permitted on the chairbeds or cots.
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Pediatric Gastroenterology & Nutrition
- Pediatric Infectious Disease
- Pediatric Neurology
- Pediatric Orthopedics
- Pediatric Urology
To find a physician with one of the above subspecialties, please click here.
Orange Regional offers Complementary Therapies as a part of your recovery. Complementary Therapies aim to treat the whole person, not just the symptoms of an illness. Orange Regional Medical Center offers Reiki Therapy as a natural approach to healing and wellness and our Pet Therapy Program helps make a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of our patients.
For more information on our pediatric services, please call our Physician Referral & Health Information Hotline at 1-888-321-ORMC (6762) .
The Pediatric Unit was made possible through the generosity of the Orange Regional Medical Center Auxiliary.